Learning Collaborative: Innovators in Pubic Health
To address current public health crises, improve patient engagement,
and enhance health and well-being.
June 8, June 22, and July 21, 2021 | Noon PT / 2 pm CT / 3 pm ET
Innovative Braided Patient Engagement Strategies
We are currently engaged in a tsunami of public health crises—the COVID-19 pandemic, a rise in Substance Use Disorders (SUD) and opioid overdoses, increased mental health issues, growth of HIV/HCE cases. As these crises happen simultaneously across the nation, organizations are becoming overwhelmed with how to respond.
Be part of the solution. The NIATx Foundation’s three-session virtual learning collaborative will teach your organization how to use innovative braided patient engagement strategies to become a better community provider. This learning event is designed to:
- Help addiction treatment providers to think of themselves as more than solely addiction treatment providers;
- Demonstrate how braiding services related to our current public health crises into existing addiction treatment services can establish your center as a “go-to” place for the community;
- Help addiction treatment providers to think of themselves as more than solely addiction treatment providers; and
- Address how to use NIATx tools to develop a menu of braided services that can help your organization operate more effectively, expand your patient base, and improve patient engagement and overall well-being.
Collaborative Aims (to Respond to Public Health Crises):
- Increase admissions.
- Increase appointment volume.
- Increase patient engagement and well-being.
- Identify 1-3 braided strategies for your service continuum.
The collaborative will include three 90-minute learning events (held via Zoom) comprised of 45 minutes of organizational strategies and case examples and 45 minutes of facilitated discussion on how to implement the techniques presented.
Providing vaccination services, enhancing MOUD retention, providing Hep C screens are just a few of the topics to be covered as we discuss how addressing current public health crises can be used to attract patients (versus having them driven away!).
This 20-organization collaborative will accept members on a first come, first served basis for those who qualify. To apply, please complete the application form below. There will be no charge for this offering. It is being offered as part of the public service works of the NIATx Foundation. (Typically, these collaboratives have a $1,500 entry fee.) Dates: June 8, June 22, and July 21, 2021 at Noon PT / 2 pm CT / 3 pm ET.